Hello everyone! In light of what is going on in the world I took some time this past week to prep for the next few weeks and rearranged my upcoming blog posts. I’ve decided this week I’m going to share my top tips for working from home. After working from home for an entire week I think I have nailed down a routine that works for me. Hope you enjoy and stay safe everyone!
- Have a designated space for where you work from home. Even if this is your couch, (but I try to avoid working from the couch- makes me more productive) having a specific spot where you are going to work from, I think is important. Designating a specific space as your office allows you to keep some normlcy while working from home. I make sure the area I am going to use as my “office” is clean and has everything I would need at my reach. And this is also helpful if you are going to be working home with others. Each having your own space for work will help you feel less on top of each other.
- Make it comfy. One of the perks of working from home is you can wear what you want. Dress in sweats if you feel like it. Use all the pillows and blankets to get cozy. Make working from home as comfy and cozy as you want it to be. The
- Keep a schedule/routine. If you have a particular routine during the work week try to keep it as much as possible. I think this helps create some normalcy and keep you on track for getting your work done. I wake up and get “ready for work” which consists of me getting dressed in clean sweats, brushing my hair, maybe applying some makeup, making coffee, checking my phone, and then I head to my “office”. It definitely helps make working from home more normal.
- Take breaks. Working from home may be an adjustment for some. So if you find yourself getting distracted from work, take a break. Maybe you organize a drawer you’ve been meaning to or you go on a quick walk. Whatever you decide to do, taking a short break can help you refocus and get back to work.
- Maintain regular working hours. This may be part of keeping a schedule/routine but I think working during your usual hours helps keep things balanced. There definitely is a lot of flexibility in which hours you work if you work from home, but if you want to maintain a work-life balance this is a must.
Let me know what tips you have for working from home. And I hope everyone is staying safe!