During this weird time, we’re all trying to adjust. And that means adjusting how you normally do dates! If you’re quarantined with your significant other, setting aside the time to still have date night (or day) is important. It helps create a sense of normal and gives you something to look forward to.
So I thought I would share what me and my significant other are doing for date nights during quarantine.
- Cook a favorite meal together- pick something you both love to love to eat. This can be a fun evening making a meal together and great quality time too!
- Watch a favorite or new show together and make it the coziest spot in town. We started watching Hanninal (we both love the movie Silence of the Lambs) and we watch maybe 1 or 2 episodes on certain days of the week. It gives us something to look forward to and lets us spend some quality time together.
- Pick a movie series to watch and only watch it on certain nights. Get all the supplies you need like blankets, snacks, and drinks. Put down the phone and cuddle up on the couch to watch the movie. Pretend like you’re in your own private movie theater. Currently we are watching all the Marvel movies in chronological order and it has been something to look forward to during the week!
- Order from your favorite takeout spot– this is a great way to support your favorite local spots and also create a date night at home! We’ve done this a few times and it always is a nice date!
- Have brunch together! We have been taking advantage of this while we’re both at home. Normally we can’t do brunch together because of our work schedules, but now we can. We’ve been cooking brunch ourselves, but you can also order from your favorite breakfast spot. Dedicate and hour or two for this one morning and enjoy!
Some pics from our date ideas are below! We made butternut squash risotto with poached eggs (a favorite meal of ours) and my avocado toast I shared a weeks ago for brunch one day!
I hope these ideas give you some inspiration for date night! And let me know if you have any other ideas too!